We know this time of the year is especially stressful for educators. This year more than any other, we know your teachers are juggling a lot. This month’s resources are dedicated to helping administrators support the mental and emotional well-being of their staff members.
Strengthen Your Leadership in Difficult Times:
- Three leadership strategies to prioritize and two to avoid in this article from EdSurge.
- Change up your approach to staff meetings with this advice from Edutopia.
- Listen to Romain Bertrand talk about coaching during COVID in this podcast from Time for Teachership.
- Check out these 10 tips for teachers with helpful free webinars from EVERFI.
- Check out this toolkit to combat anxiety complete with interactive resources for teachers to use right now!
- Give your teachers access to a crisis help line which includes resources for students and parents as well.
- Encourage Resilient Educators with this Toolkit of resources and activities for teachers, parents, & students.
Don’t Miss Our Giveaway!
For National STEM Day we are giving away a sample of simulated dirt from Mars to one lucky teacher! Experiment with different soil types by growing plants in “dirt” that is similar to the surface of Mars. Click here to enter!
OESE Back-to-School Success Stories (See examples HERE)
- The U.S Secretary of Education, Betsy DeVos, and the Assistant Secretary for the Office of Elementary and Secondary Education (OESE), Frank Brogan, have spent the past few months discussing the importance of returning to school. To submit a testimonial about how your school is thriving with your students back in person, please reach out to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Step Up For Students would love to see our schools spotlighted nationally!
Don’t Forget! Nominate a student for the 2020 Virtual Rising Stars Awards. Nominations due December 4th. Click here to nominate today!